Saturday 5 December 2015

Katie J's Winter Essentials


Hello my lovelies, I hope you're all well and are enjoying the crisp feeling of winter. This post is very fitting to write today as the wind is crisp cold outside and all of the leaves are officially autumnal, aka browns, yellows, reds, and oranges. So this post is going to be all of the things I cannot go without in winter from makeup to medicine that I feel it is vital to carry with you through the season. 

1. Jumpers 


Having a jumper in the winter is an absolute must from. I own more jumpers than anything else in my wardrobe. The main reason you need jumpers in your winter collection is pretty obvious, number one: its cold, and, number two: they're gonna keep you warm and toasty in the colder months to come. 

I have many different jumpers in loads of different colours. I probably have a jumper of at least every shade of the rainbow. But if you don't have any jumpers I suggest you get yourself down to the high street and pick up some new ones for this years winter. My favourite shops to get jumpers from are Primark, H&M, and Newlook; they usually have some really lovely ones so go and check some out!



2. Boots

If you don't have some kind of boots in your winter collection are you even into the season? Boots are one of the most practical shoes ever - they keep your feet dry, go with almost every outfit, and they keep your feet warm. 

I don't know what I'd do without boots in my life, especially my snow boots. The minute I put those on they never come off - I wear them whole way through winter because they're warm, protect me from all weathers, and they're white which is one of my favourite winter colours because of snow etc. 

Boots are sold in near enough every fashion retail store when winter hits us, so you can find boots almost anywhere. Were going to need some in the upcoming months of rain and snow, so go and buy yourself some if you haven't already! 



3. Winter Coat 

You can't not get yourself a new coat for the winter. I get a new coat every year and they're roughly pretty similar. Protects me from the rain but has warm material on the inside to keep me warm with pockets down the front to put my hands in (if I'm an idiot and forget my gloves) and it has to have a hood (again, if I'm an idiot and forget an umbrella). But coats are probably the biggest essential when it's cold. 

You can buy coats from any fashion retailer and from any super market that sells clothing. This year I got my coat from Sainsbury's and it is super cosy.  











4. Scarf and Gloves

Scarf and Gloves go hand in hand for me, if I'm wearing one, I've gotta wear the other - especially when they're matching like in this image. To be honest, they're probably two of my favourite winter accessories because they're there for a purpose - to keep you warm and they're in really nice patterns and colours therefore you can style them to go with your outfit or to your personality. 

Recently I bought some gloves from Primark and they're so soft and very girly. They were only £1.00! and they do feel really nice quality. So if you want some new gloves and scarf's go and check out Primark. They've got some lovely winter clothing items as of right now. I really want to go and get a new scarf from there and a fury neck cardigan/ coats (they're selling both kinds - I want both!) 


5. Vaseline 

One of the biggest essentials for me is Vaseline! I get chapped lips every year, they haven't been as bad this year as I've been wearing this or Baby Lips on a daily basis so my lips have been pretty nourished this year. 

But usually that's when I know it's winter time as I always get chapped lips. So if your normal lip balm isn't helping your sore lips, go down to Boots or Superdrug and get yourself a tin of Vaseline! 



6. Baby Lips 

In the winter I can't live without Baby Lips by Maybelline. They are so moisturising and keep your lips looking healthy. But they also give your lips colour. I usually wear these when I can't be bothered to put a lipstick on or if I simply don't have the time to put one on as for me lip gloss or lipstick is an essential for me all year round. 









7. Glitter Nail Polish

Oh my god, I cannot stress to all of you guys enough how important glitter nail polish is anyway, but in winter time it is the biggest essential (obviously for Christmas). 

Glitter nail polish is really easy to layer and it usually dries quick if it is a chunky polish. In the winter it's my favourite thing to wear as the glitter twinkles in every light it hits and makes you look like you've had a really expensive manicure done. When in reality you've only spent £3.99 in Barry M and painted them yourself. Can't go wrong! 

Especially gold, red, green, and silver - the four essential Christmas glitter's you need in your life! 





8. Red Lipstick 

I don't know how any girl can go through the season without a red lipstick. It is the one colour that can make a simple look into a killer statement. 

I've always got red lipstick on during the Christmas period especially (speaking of which, I need a new one!) as it goes so well with brows, golds, coppers etc. 

Every woman needs one in her lipstick collection! 





9. Cosy Socks 

A massive shout out goes to Primark for this one! Primark is one of my favourite shops like most people, but their cosy socks are the absolute best! You can buy them in so many different colours and they are always perfectly cosy.

I wear them for bed and when I'm out in my boots on a cold winter day because my feet get cold really easily and you can't beat some nice cosy socks to keep your feet lovely and toasty. 

99.9% of the time whenever I go to Primark I go and get a new pair because a girl can never have enough! 


10. Boot Slippers 

I don't normally wear slippers very often, but as we've established my feet get very cold in the winter months. But I love wearing slipper boots because they keep your feet extra toasty and warm. You can also get them in many patterns and colours which I love. They are also a lot more stable than just flat slippers. 

I have a pink pair which I wear all the time and I've had those for 2/3 years now and they're still in perfect condition mostly. Even though, I'd love a new pair! 











No comments:

Post a Comment