Tuesday 22 December 2015

Christmas Gold: Glitter Liner and Bold Red Lips


 
























Hey my lovelies, I hope you're all well and welcome to a Christmas makeup tutorial! (finally) I created this look this morning which means for once while I write one of these I'm still wearing it! I actually created this last year and and wanted to share it with you last year but unfortunately I wouldn't of had time to do it and upload before Christmas Day. But this look is really easy to create and takes literally no time at all (depending on how long it takes you to do your makeup) I hope you guys enjoy!


Step 1 


So firstly I took a warm brown shade and then blended it all over my lid. 


Step 2 


Once I was happy with the brown (it looks really dark right now, but don't worry I re-blend it later on) I took my Studio London gold glitter eye liner. So firstly I drew out the shape that I wanted and it's just your normal eyeliner with a long flick. I then went back in with another layer just to make it more opaque. 

Step 3 


Then what you want to do is pick up a clean brush and dampen it a little bit so the big flakes of glitter will stick to it. I took some more of my glitter eyeliner a followed the line a little bit at a time so I could add the big flakes of glitter and let them set onto my eye. The glitter pot I'm using is one by Academy of Colour (it's meant for nails) and it's just their big gold flake pot. 

 I've used glitter before on my blog and I've said it before, but I'll say it again. If you guys use big glitter like this for anything be careful as eyes are sensitive and believe me it's not fun when you get this stuff in your eye as I've done it. That also goes for taking it off as well. 

Step 4 






I then went a head and did my makeup as I normally would. So on my face I've got: 

  • Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer in fair 
  • Rimmel London's Stay Matte powder in 001 transparent 
  • Primark's PS Love pink shimmery eyeshadow as my blush 
  • Mua's Undress Your Skin highlighter (the classic one) 
  • Maybelline's Brow Drama brow gel in dark brown

Step 5 


I used my Stay Matte powder under my brown bone. I blended a light eyeshadow skin colour shade onto my eyelid to soften that brown and make it warmer. 

Step 6 


Finally my favourite part, I added a classic Christmas red lip! This is a matte lipstick by Collection in the shade 19 Red Carpet. As always I applied this with my lip brush and then filled in the colour. I love this shade and it's really easy to apply. 

Step 7 


Then we're finished! I feel like my hair crinkled/ waved finishes off the look perfectly. And of course I'm wearing a Christmas jumper! My Christmas jumper is from Newlook for any one who is interested. 


I hope you guys enjoyed this makeup tutorial that you can wear whenever you want really. It's perfect for your Christmas party or Christmas Day celebrations! Not to mention super easy to achieve. 

Thanks for reading guys and I'll be bringing another post just before Christmas so keep your eyes pealed for that! 

Bye for now,

Katie 
xoxoxoxox





No comments:

Post a Comment