Monday 9 February 2015

Valentines Day Makeup Tutorial: Sexy and Seductive

Hello my lovelies! Today I am here with my first Valentines Day look for 2015! I don't think I actually did any looks for Valentines Day last year so this is exciting. I am going for 3 different looks - sexy and seductive, pretty in pink, and a day to night look. So if you're looking for inspiration this year for your Valentines Day plans, than look no further. 


Step 1: 



First I filled in my eyebrows because I've finally found a product where I don't have to put my base down first. For those of you interested I am now using the Maybelline Brow Satin in Dark Brown - it is the best brow product I've ever used and I think I am going to do a full review and step-to-step guide on how to use it.

Anyway, back to the tutorial... 

Firstly I took a light brown as my transition shade and then some tape and placed it along my winged eyeliner line (the outer part of the eye). Then I took the Maybelline 24HR Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate and applied it all over the lid on a flat shader brush. 

Step 2: 



Next I took the colour Black Heart from The Naked 3 Pallet (if you don't have the Naked 3 Pallet just use what you have or go and check out Makeup Revolution as they have a pallet that is near enough identical to The Naked 3 pallet. Check it out here: http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/redemption-palette-iconic-3.html

I took Black Heart on The Naked 3's brush that comes with the pallet as it's probably my favourite brush to use. I took the fluffy end and blended out the colour in a V along the tape. 

Step 3: 


Thirdly I took the Pomegranate shade again and connected it to the dark brown shade on my outer lid. 

Step 4: 


Then I removed the tape and you can see how precise that wing is now. 

Step 5: 





I then blended out the colour even more so it wasn't as harsh, the colours flowed together, and finally I rounded out the top edge - just above my crease. 

Step 6: 




I blended out the top shade even more to round it but now I wish hadn't done that because it kind of made it look more Halloween-esk than Valentines Day. But oh well, there will be some people in the world who might like this kind of Valentines Day look. Next time I do this look I will just not blend it rounded near the inner brow. 

But anyway, once I'd blended out more, I took the dark brown shade and applied it on my lower lashline - just over half the way in. Then applied the Pomegranate shade on the inner lower lashline. 

Step 7: 




I then applied my everyday face base. I then decided not to wear blush as I had no appropriate blushes to go with this. But, I took a shimmery/ glitter white from my Primark Day Pallet on a fan brush and just applied it like a highlighter. And then on my cheeks, I basically took it all over them. 

Then applied some mascara - Maybelline Lash Sensational. 

Step 8: 


I then just applied one of my Seventeen lipglosses in a dark pinky shade and then that is  the look complete. 

I do realise that this look wont be for everyone - especially for Valentines Day. But, I do hope this has given you guys some inspiration for a night out Valentines Day look or if you want a more heavy Valentines Day look. 


But thank you all very much for reading if you did, and I will see you in a few days for another Valentines Day look - this time, Pretty in Pink. 

Bye for now,

Katie 

xoxoxoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment