Monday 2 February 2015

Chit Chat & Update!

Hello my lovelies! I hope you are all well; I've been so busy with so many different things which is why I haven't posted anything recently. The main reason I've been so busy is because of college as I've had lots of different deadlines to meet. 

So everyone, the first couple weeks back have been going well. We're all so busy with the directing festival which started on Monday two weeks ago, and, it's going really well. My cast are off script completely (almost) and we're having fun blocking, directing, and tweeking scenes. I'm really enjoying working with them because we're a strong small team. I'm excited to see how the show comes together at the end of the three weeks rehearsals because they're working so hard at this very minute in time, and, have made so much progress already. Bring on the next three weeks! 

Apart from the directing festival which is all I am basically focusing on at this very second, I had one of the most important dates of my educational life. Yes, that is, sending off my UCAS application for uni's and drama schools. It's been a stressful progress with summing up the right words to put in my applications and my personal statement. But it's all been worth it because I've got 6/7 auditions to go to which is amazing! 

I've got auditions at: 
- Huddersfield University 
- Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
- Chester University 
- Bristol Old Vic Theatre School 
- Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts 
- Rose Bruford 
(I am currently waiting on Bournemouth Arts Uni) 

But I am insanely happy and over the moon to have all of these chances to prove myself because I didn't even think I'd have one, let alone six. For those of you who don't do performing arts in anyway and do not understand what these auditions require, I will give you a little insight. For the Universities (if it's not a specific arts uni), you do not have to prepare anything you are just asked to go for a workshop audition day to see how you respond to working with others, and the materials you're given. 

However, for the drama school auditions you have to prepare usually three performances (depending on what the school is asking you for). You have to prepare two monologues - one Shakespeare and one contemporary, and a song from a musical. Earlier in my second year we did a practice audition unit and I did Ariel from The Tempest (Shakespeare), Martha from Borrowed Parts for my contemporary, and for my song, I sang Favourite Things from The Sound of Music. This unit was good practice for me as I've got a lot of auditions coming up from February - April. 

I have no complete idea yet of what monologues I am going to perform yet - but during the half term I am going to start learning monologues and looking for more. 

One thing I am really looking forward to, is the February half term. I cannot wait for a lay in, just relaxing, doing more blogposts again, the directing festival will be over (as it's dragging now), and to just spend time with friends. 

Well everyone, that is my current update for you all! The next post will hopefully be the Disney Makeup Series post that was meant to go up in January, all it means is there will be two in February! 

As always, thank you for reading if you did. I will get back to you all very soon. 

Bye for now, 

Katie 
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment