Wednesday 29 October 2014

Striking, Sexy, Seductive Dead Vampire Makeup Tutorial


Vampire Makeup Tutorial 





















Who's ready to get bitten this Halloween? 

Hello my lovelies, I hope you're ready to unleash you're inner vampire desire because this look above is what we're all going to become today. But this is so exciting because this is my first ever Halloween tutorial to be posted on my blog! (Woohoo, celebration) 

But anyway, this is not my first vampire look. For those of you who don't know, I went to a Halloween party last year with Chloe and we decided to be Katherine and Elena from The Vampire Diaries, and it was not as great as my vampire makeup for this year. As this year I am not a specific vampire from a show, I am just a dead vampire. But, if you want to know how to be a striking, sexy, and seductive dead vampire, then please keep on reading. 


Step 1: 


Start of by priming your face or applying moisturiser as your base. Do not apply any foundation or concealer because with black or any very dark eyeshadows can stain whether it's will fall out or just from small droplets of powder. As if you do not apply any foundation base first it's easier to wipe away, where as if you apply your base first, it's much harder to fix if you get a lot of fall out. 

For this look I used colours from my Makeup Revolution pallet that I used in my last tutorial and also one of my Body Collection pallet's from Bodycare. 

After priming your face, take a matte black on a flat eyeshadow brush and apply it all of the lid. I wet my brush a little to a get a bit of a darker black colour pay off. Once you've applied your matte black, take the same eyeshadow brush you just used and on the other side take a dark grey with a hint of purple glimmer in and apply that all over the black. 



Once you've done both eyes you should have something that looks like this as I rounded off the edges to begin with. You can also see on my cheek just under my eye where its got a bit of a black hint to it because of the fall out I got off my eyes. 

Step 2: 


Next on a fluffy brush take a deep pink or a red if you have one and merge it on top of the black going back and forth. Don't forget to take it all the way around your point on your outer eye. I know this red bit is quite high right now, but don't worry, we go back and clean it up later. 

Step 3: 


I felt like the red was too much, so I went back in with the matte black on a blending brush and decided to blend over the whole lid to give a more just black effect. Then I blended more black into the red to take away the purple colour it created and so it only showed a hint of red. 

Step 4: 


Now go in with a makeup wipe and get a more precise shape for your eye makeup. Be very gentle and take a little bit off at a time because you might remove too much if you're not careful. 

I then took my makeup wipe again and made the line of the sides more precise (going up from the end of the lash line) 

Once you done this to both eyes, you should end up with something like this. 


Step 5: 


Next take a lighter grey with a hint of purple in and then apply the matte black over the top. Then smoke the black out with the pinky red we used earlier and drag it down into your under eye area as you can see above. 

Also take it underneath the black point on the outer part of your eye. 

Step 6: 


I then just applied my foundation and my powder etc, as well as going over my under eye with that red for it to pop more as you can see it better in this image. 

Then we're going to contour our face mainly in the hollows of our cheeks to give that really sunken in and dead look. But I did contour on my forehead a little but mainly in my cheeks. All you need for this is a fan brush and a light matte grey shade. The grey can either be an eyeshadow or a proper contour grey shade. 

I used a eyeshadow on a fan brush and just went back and forth in the hollows of my cheeks by sucking my cheeks into my mouth so I could find where to place the grey. 


Step 7: 





Next apply your chosen mascara and do not apply eyeliner as I feel it is not worth it, you wont really see it because of the black eyeshadow, and it's not needed. 

Tip: When you're doing a dark makeup look, apply your eyebrows a little darker than you normally would because if you have a really dark eye look and light eyebrows, it wont flow nicely. So fill them in a little darker like I have. 

Step 8: 


Moving onto the lips, now as we're having vampire lips and to make them look like they've had fresh blood on them; firstly, we're going to apply black around the edge. Now, if you have a black lip liner, a black Kohl pencil, or even a black jel liner would probably work better than eyeshadow. But eyeshadow does still work if you don't have an alternative as I used eyeshadow. 

Just take the matte black on a brush and go around the outside of your lips leaving the middle as your natural lip colour. 

Step 9: 


Finally I took my bright red lipstick and placed it in the middle of my lips and blended it into the black. The whole reason is to make the black look like deep colour blood that has dried into the cracks of your lips, and the red is to look like it's fresh blood. 

Step 10: 


WE'RE FINISHED! 

I absolutely love this look because I think it portrays a vampire really well. I feel like just the whole look ties in together, especially the eyes. You can see how good the redness underneath the eyes looks really bright in this image, whilst at the same time it's deep and dark and I feel like it really adds to the dead look. I also love the grey contouring, I think it ties the whole look together really well and makes your whole face look sunken in and tired. 

I also think this is one of the best makeup looks I've done because I'm really proud of it as it's my own creation, I took no inspiration from any images on Google or Pintrest etc. I really hope you guys all love it as much as I do and if you want to go as a vampire to any Halloween party you've got coming up, I hope this is the look for you. If you guys do create this look let me know by tagging me on Instagram: katiej0hnson 

I also just want to say, you can wear glasses with this look, don't think you can't guys. I just didn't wear any for my final pictures like I usually do because I couldn't get a good shot of the eye look in the glasses. But when you look in the mirror, it still looks amazing with and without glasses guys!

Well guys thank you so much for reading and I will be doing another Halloween look on Friday which is actual Halloween, so I hope you're as excited as I am for it. 

I'll talk to you soon!

Bye, 

Katie 
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment