Sunday 12 October 2014

P.S. Love Review, Swatches & Tutorial!


P.S. Love Review, Swatches & Tutorial! 




Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! Today I have a jam packed post containing a review, swatches, and a make-up tutorial! I have kept everything on the eyes with this one pallet and even highlighted with a shade from the pallet. This is my favourite look to do from the pallet as I feel the 3 colours I used are the nicest in this set of eyeshadows in my opinion. All I used was a brown for my crease, a light matte pink on the lid, and then applied a shimmery champagne pink over the top of the matte pink to give some autumnal shimmer. I also used a white shade in the pallet as my highlighter for my: cheek bones, inner corners, brow bone, cupids bow, and the tip of my nose.Then I paired it with Baby Lips Strike A Rose. 

Review 


This pallet is from Primark's makeup range called P.S. Love and they do have some lovely pieces in their whole range that I've looked at. The only other thing I've bought from there was their eyebrow pencil in dark brown, which was actually really good. It was a good shade to match my hair colour and considering it was only a £1.00 I would repurchase it again if I go to a Primark soon. Even though I don't own everything from their range, I know it is all very cheap. You can get nail varnish for a £1.00 and you can get nail varnish sets for birthdays and Christmas etc for about £2.50 I believe. So all in all it's a nice affordable pricing range (like everything else in Primark).  

I feel that the pallet is good for the price you pay for it, £2.50 is affordable and will not break your bank if you're just starting out and are on a budget. There are two pallets in this range The Day Pallet and The Night Pallet. I decided to get the day version as I do not go out to party's that often, therefore I will get more wear out of the day pallet. In the day version there is a range of shimmers and mattes; I am so happy to have some more matte shades now in my life, as a lot of pallets I have mainly have a lot of shimmer shades. Which means I have mattes to apply in my crease and shimmer shades to make the lid look beautiful. 

My favourite thing about the pallet is actually it's size because it is small enough to carry around with you in your handbag. But doesn't mean the eyeshadow inside is a small amount as you get 8 medium sized round shades. But I love how sleek it is because it is a black pallet with the colours along the top of the lid with P.S. Love in gold across it also; I just feel it looks quite classy for an extremely cheap product. 













Sponge applicator
Blending applicator

Inside you get a wide mirror, 8 different shadows, and a little applicator. Know, I need to rave about this applicator inside because, I know most of the time the free applicators are pointless as they break or just aren't very good. But, this one is actually really good because you get a sponge end and a blending brush end, which I was so amazed about as even in the MUA pallets you don't get a blending brush end. But the sponge end is alright, it's like any other sponge end of a makeup brush. But the blending end is amazing; when you blend a colour into your crease with it, it's not scratchy and doesn't make your eyelid feel sore as the brush is so soft. Which is probably my favourite part about what's inside the pallet. But because of its size and the majority of things you need are included to get everyday eye looks, it is definitely worth buying and giving it a go. 



Swatches 



















Moving onto everyone's favourite part about reviews, first impressions or hauls etc, the swatches. As I know I like to see what the colours are truly like before I buy something, especially from someone else's point of view.

 Here is a closer look at the pallet and all of the colours in it. As you can see there is a fair mixture between mattes and shimmers. The shimmery shades on the first line are: the champagne pink colour, the dark grey, and the light grey. On the second line the shimmery shades are the white and the even lighter grey that looks almost blue in the swatch at the end of my arm. 

Then we have the three matte shades: the light pink on the first line, then the two brown shades on the second line (dark and light). 

As you can see in the swatches along my arm they do stay true to colour, except you can't see the matte pink shade on my wrist, but it shows up really nicely on your eyelid. Overall I do like all of the shades, I think they are all pretty colours and they aren't that specific to a season; it's a very versatile pallet. 

I find that the grey shades are the hardest to build up colour, I do not know why that is but either way they're nice shades to use for winter. The other side of the pallet with the pinks and browns are my favourite side because the browns glide on so easily into your crease to create definition. I adore the matte pink shade because when it is applied on your lid to contrast between the brown in your crease; It makes your eyes look bigger and more awake. 

Also, the champagne pink shimmery shade has a lot of fall out, so have a brush handy when using it to brush away all the shimmer underneath your eye. I am not sure if all of the other shimmery shades have that much fall out as I haven't used them that much. 

But my overall favourite shade is actually the white because although it has shimmer in it, it's not overly packed with shimmer and it seems to come off more matte than shimmery. I used it in this look to highlight my inner corners, the highest points of my cheeks, the tip of my nose, my cupids bow, and my brow bone. So the white is a great versatile colour for a range of different highlighting areas. 

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who wants some staple eyeshadow colours for a cheaper price but the main negative is the shimmer shade fall out. I hope this review was helpful for those of you who have been thinking about purchasing it, or who now want to go and purchase it. Now, everyone, time for the makeup tutorial... 


Step 1: 



Apply your everyday base: 
- NYC Perfecting Primer
- Rimmel London's Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation (applied with a beauty blender)
- Rimmel London's Wake Me Up Concealer (applied with a beauty blender) 
- Rimmel London's Stay Matte Powder 
- Rimmel London's Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown 


Step 2: 




















The three shades I am using for this tutorial:
Champagne Pink, Matte Ivory Pink,
and Dark Brown.  

I took the dark brown shade on a fluffy blending brush and pressed it into the crease and swept it back and forth. What you can do is look straight a head and press the brush into your natural crease (mine is just above my lid). 

I kept apply more brown into my crease in the same way until I was happy with the colour. I think I went over it 2/3 times. 












  Step 3: 




















Next I took a flat eyeshadow brush and applied that matte ivory pink shade all over the lid that was left white. 

I also took some more of the brown on the fluffy blending brush and created more of a soft V on the outer corner by gently brushing it down and then linking it with the top part of the brown just above my crease. 

Step 4: 






















I went back in with the matte ivory pink shade on a flat eyeshadow brush to make the colour stand out and my eyes appear bigger and brighter. 

Step 5: 





















Next I took the champagne pinky colour on the same flat eyeshadow brush and I applied it on top of the matte ivory pinky shade. 

Step 7: 




















I just cleaned up the edges with my stay matte powder on an angled brush to sharpen up the outer corner. 

I also took some more of the brown shade on the fluffy blending brush and added some more into the crease ever so lightly to take away any of the extra shimmer shade that crept up there. 

Then I took the white shade from the pallet and added it on my inner corners and my brow bone. 

I decided not to apply anything on the lower lash line eyeshadow wise because it makes your eyes appear bigger and brighter with nothing there. 

Step 8: 






















I then applied my two mascaras: Bodycare's Lash Extreme Volumising mascara and then on the top is Maybelline's The Falsies. Which you can see really ties the whole look together. I always feel like my lashes look a bit like butterflies which makes me extremely happy. 

I really love it because I feel that with mascara it ties the whole eye look together and how it's blended together is an important part for the colour flow, but it looks beautiful on your lids. 

Step 9: 


I took the white eyeshadow and used it as my highlighter. I applied it to the tip of my nose, the highest points of my cheeks, and my cupids bow. 

I used an angled highlighter brush for apply this. 

Step 10: 


Finally I applied my chosen lip colour for this look - Maybelline's Baby Lips - Strike A Rose. I have realised though, it might look better with Baby Lips's Oh Orange or Cherry Me. 

Step 11: 


FINISHED!!!

Well everyone, this is the finished makeup look and I hope you like it. I really hope it has given anyone who isn't into all of the dramatic makeup looks I do some inspiration for more simple ones. You could wear this everyday if you wanted, to prom, to a party and pair it with a red lip to make it a pin-up look. I think it is an easy everyday look for autumn and I hope you all like it. . 

Thank you so much for reading and on Tuesday or Wednesday, I will be back with a requested post on how to apply your lipstick like a pro, but I am going to do it with a lighter shade, a darker shade and a red to show you how careful you have to be with darker colours etc. 

I'll talk to you all soon, bye for now, 

Katie 

xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. can you please do an applying lipstick tutorial? how to make them edges sharp.. possibly the Kylie Jenner look? love your blog.. thank you xx (ps; you're rocking out the baby lips but can you do the tutorial with matte lipstick kylie jenner style)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes, I am planning to do one asap. I just haven't time recently as college has been busy for the last few days.

      Aww thank you so much! Thank you for reading! I currently don't have any matte lipsticks but I can purchase one and show it with matte and non-matte lipsticks.

      Talk to you soon!

      Katie
      xoxox

      Delete