Saturday 11 October 2014

Product Appreciation Of The Month: Maybelline's Baby Lips Electro Collection

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well and are enjoying the October chill. This is a new element I am now doing on my blog and at the start of each month I've decided to a Product Appreciation Of The Month. I'll post them at the end of each month and I suppose it is like a favourites post but just a specific one and talking about how amazing it is and how much I love it. 

I recently got a comment saying I should consider buying high end products and shop in different places to have more variety. I appreciate any comments I get as I know you guys like giving me suggestions and I love receiving them. But the reason I don't buy high end make-up is because I cant. I cant afford it as I do not have a job and if I did have a job I probably would buy some high end make-up products, but I can't. I also feel that if you can find something just as good from the drugstore why get something for so much money when you could get something exactly the same for less. But, just because I get drugstore products and not high end, doesn't mean you guys shouldn't get high end if you can afford it. Also, all the make-up looks I do with drugstore products, you can probably find similar products in MAC and Nars etc. Also, my make-up looks aren't for just people my age, they can be for anyone as I know people in their 20's who wear similar make-up looks, such as NikkieTutorials and Shaaanxo on youtube. All the looks I do are just what I am comfortable wearing, if you're not comfortable with it, I would suggest changing the colours to suit you or missing a step out on the eyes or lips etc. All these make-up looks can be recreated into your own style to fit you, but all these I do are just ideas for the rest of you out there if you want some inspiration. I just really wanted to put this out there if any of you were feeling this way. 

Also, about the shopping situation. I mainly shop in places like Newlook and H&M because all of their clothes; I know they are comfortable and fit me as they usually have stretchy and oversized things which is my forte as I hate tight fitting clothing. I hate shopping in places like Topshop and River Island as the majority of their clothes are too petite and are extremely overpriced. I do not see the point of getting a stripped top from Topshop that is like £40 instead of one from Newlook for £10. You guys can buy things from where ever you want depending on your style, I only post hauls just so you guys can see what I like to buy. And if you like an item I buy but where I shop isn't your kind of place, buy it from a shop that you like. I just really needed to put this out there as anything I wear is just what I like to wear, I'm not forcing you to wear anything I do. You can buy whatever you guys want from anywhere you like. 

But moving on with this overall favourite product from September really, but it'll probably stay with me for a while. But it is the new Baby Lips Electro collection from Maybelline. I love the Baby Lips collections, but when they were first brought out I wasn't that bothered about getting them all and I know so many people went crazy for them. When they were first brought out I only got Cherry Me and Pink Punch as I felt they were the only colours worth getting. 

Then more recently, Baby Lips brought out the Electro range and I fell in love with them. I loved all the shades as they were so different and they were more out there with being subtle at the same time which is my kind of lip colours. I have all of the first 4 colours they brought out and I need to get the next two shades, which are yellow and green. 




Here are all of the shades before they brought out the yellow and green: (from left to right) 

  1. Pink Shock: A bright subtle Barbie pink that can be worn on a daily basis if you're a complete girlie girl. It might look extremely bright and it is proper pink, but it isn't too daring so anyone could wear this to school or work or even just as a natural look. 
  2. Berry Bomb: A gorgeous subtle rosy purple that merges with the colour of your lips and it may look extremely out there but it really isn't, therefore anyone who is feeling like a purple shade but not neon bright or vampy dark, this'd be a great lip colour to have. 
  3. Strike A Rose: An extremely rosy Barbie pink and it is actually more leaning towards Barbie than the bright dark one because it is so light compared to the other one. But nonetheless, it is still gorgeous and you could wear it with anything as you can tone it out by blotting your lips on a tissue.
  4. Oh Orange: A neutral orange that tones out the redness or any other colour in your lips. Once again, it might look very bright, but it really isn't. It is probably the most neutral out of all the Electro collection shades I own. 
Pink Shock on your lips

As I've spoken a little bit about each one, I'm going to go into a little bit more detail about why I love them. 

Pink Shock for me is your classic everyday subtle girlie shade because it kind of enhance your natural lip colour, but with more pinky tones instead of your natural lip colour. 

To get a strong colour pay off you can layer it up 2-3 times, but if you want a slight sheen of colour, 1 coat across your lips is enough to achieve that. It has violet undertones in which you can slightly see in the image on the right. These undertones give off a nice sheen to contrast with the hot pink. 

The smell of Pink Shock is absolutely gorgeous, if you have ever had a plain pink lolly pop it smells just like that which is very fruity.

Skin tone wise I think this looks lovely on everyone as you can make it darker which looks good on fair and tanned colour skin tones. But for dark coloured skin tones you can probably get away with just a sheen of pink on your lips.


Berry Bomb on your lips

Berry Bomb to me is lovely violet toned rosy shade and do not be scared of this shade as you can make it as subtle or as intense as you want.  I used about 2 shades on my lips to show you a medium colour pay off, but you can completely layer it up even more if you wish. 

The smell is, as it would suggest berries with a hint of grape in there. It is just very light and fresh and definitely has a strong floral scent. 

I think this would only look good on a fair skin tone, (which is my skin tone) because of the sheer opaqueness of the colour. You can layer the colour to get it darker but it never truly stops being opaque. But it is because I feel that really pale skin tones suit super dark lip colours and that tanned and dark skin tones should try to avoid them. Bright colours really suit tanned and dark skin, but I feel the best colours for fair skin tones are super dark reds and plums etc. 


Strike A Rose on your lips 

Strike A Rose is a rosy Barbie pink shade that you can wear daily. But it is very bright as it is much lighter which means you might have to tone it out a little bit, which is what I've done here in this image. It also has peachy undertones which makes it even brighter. It is probably the brightest of all of the range as it is the one that is most opaque. You can see on my lips compared to Berry Bomb that you cannot see my natural red lip colour due to the pigmentation of the pink and the peach undertones mixed together. 

This has got to be one of my favourite smells of the Electro range. It smells exactly like cotton candy. It has not hint of any other smell, it is just cotton candy. Which makes it even more feminine . 

I think any skin tone can wear this, but I think it would best suit tanned skin as it would just enhance your tanned beauty and make you look uplifted. 


Oh Orange on your lips

 Oh Orange is a neutral tangerine shade that is very natural on your lips. For me, it tones out the redness in my lips and just makes them a lovely light orangey toned tangerine/ pinky shade. This is perfect to use as an everyday thing for school and work. 

This is my favourite smell of the range because it smells like Terry's Chocolate Orange and I am in love with that chocolate. There is nothing else to say about the smell other than Terry's Chocolate Orange. 

I honestly think only fair skin tone could wear this, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it if you're a little bit darker. I just feel because it is such a natural shade, it would look odd with a tanned skin tone. I think dark skin tones might be able to get away with it. But, overall if you're fair this is a shade for you. 


As a whole, all of the shades are stunning, they're all extremely moisturising. When you take off the colours or if they wear off in the day you can really feel how lovely and soft your lips feel which is one of my favourite things about all of the Baby Lips from this range and the one before. 

You can also pair these lip colours with lipstick colours that are similar. E.g. Pair Berry Bomb with Sleek lipstick in Smother. I usually do this if a lipstick is too dry for me to wear, so matte lipstick would be awful for me. The lipstick doesn't have to be shimmery, I just prefer them to be soft which is why I use Baby Lips to pair with a lot of my lipstick colours I have at home. 


Well everyone, I hope you enjoyed my Product Appreciate Of The Month and will agree with me if you already have some of the range or after reading this want to go and buy some of the range as they really are great products. Especially as they're only £2.99 each which is pretty cheap for Maybelline. 

I also hope you guys don't take the first two paragraphs I wrote about how I felt too personally, I am just putting out my reasons of why I can't buy high end products and why I like to shop in similar places. 

Either way, thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about Baby Lips! Stay tuned as I am posting a review and a make-up tutorial tomorrow! 

Bye for now, 

Katie 

xoxoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment