Friday 20 June 2014

Prom Makeup Tutorial 2014: Number 1

Prom Makeup Tutorial: Bold Lips and Champagne Eyes



Hello everyone, now I am aware that some of you year 11 girls may have already had your prom, but I know that my school hasn't (can't believe my prom was almost a year ago now!) But this look doesn't necessarily have to be just a prom look. You can wear it daily as I wore it to The Fault In Our Stars yesterday (which was really good btw, go and see it guys!). But you can also wear it as an evening event as it is quite an elegant look and if you truly wanted to, you could wear it to a wedding or you own wedding! So, if you want to know how to get this simple and gorgeous champagne prom/evening makeup look, then please keep on reading. 



Step 1: Apply your base as you normally would on any normal day. I used my Nivea Creme pot as my base as I currently have no primer. Secondly, I use my Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation in 100 Ivory. Next, I use my Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer also in Ivory; I apply it under my eyes, down my nose, and on any problem areas that I want more coverage over. Then over all of that I use my Rimmel London Stay Matte powder in 001 Transparent, Finally, I fill in my eyebrows with my Primark PS... Love brow pencil in the shade Brown. 



Step 2: Apply a Champagne colour all the way across your lid with a flat eyeshadow brush. I used my Champagne colour from my Colour Couture Dramatic Eyes set, but any shimmery Champagne colour will do. 


Step 3: Take a Taupe Light Brown shade on a blending brush and merge it with the Champagne colour that we just applied to our lids. Don't worry if yours is messy out at the sides because mine is, but we clean it up later. 


Step 4: Keep blending the two shades together until you are happy with how they look. As my Taupe Brown was still very pigmented even after blending I applied a bit of my Champagne colour over the top of that to appear more shimmery and more focused on the Champagne colour. The Taupe Brown is mainly to give warmth to the eyes but it ties the look together nicely. 


Step 5: Next step is to just do any clean up if you are unhappy with how blended it is. As you can see from my image above, I always like my eye looks to have more of a winged look because most of the time when I use eyeshadow, I don't wear eyeliner. But, to clean up the edges all you need is an angled brush or a flat shader brush with your face powder to just clean around the edges. 


Step 6: Now we have the lids how we want them to look. Next step is under your eyes. For the inner corners I took that Champagne colour we used earlier just to highlight the inner corners and also dragged it up a little to link with the line of the Champagne shade on my lid. I also dragged it out a tiny bit underneath my eyes as you can see above. Secondly, I took that Taupe Brown shade again and connected it up on the outer corners of my eyes to link with the line that goes out into a wing; I just blended it out with my ring finger.  


Step 7: Apply your favourite mascara and as it is a prom/evening look you want to have really long lashes, therefore, use a lengthening mascara. I used my Lash Extreme Volumising Mascara from Body Care. By all means if you would like to, apply eyeliner before this step and if you would like to as I know many girls at prom do, you can apply fake eyelashes if you wish. But as I wear glasses I never wear fake eyelashes. 


Step 8: Now as it is prom, photographs are going to an essential. Therefore, you really want to highlight your face to make your skin shine in the photos and to have a beautiful glow. I used my MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highligher which is so gorgeous and cheap. I apply it on my chin, cupids bow, my cheeks and the highest points of my cheeks, down my nose and the point of my nose, and finally my forehead between my brows. Although the sole focus of this prom look is the red lips, you do want some blush to give your cheeks a bit of colour so you're not completely washed out. I used my Sun Kissed Metallic Bronze Blush also from Body Care which has shades of white, yellow, and a bronze pink shade. I just applied this on the apples of my cheeks and swept upwards towards the end of my face. By all means, if you want to use bronzer and contour you can, I just never do it as it's an extra step to me that I just don't need to. But also, as I used a bronze blush I didn't feel the need for a bronzer shade anyway. 

 Also, the key aspect of this look, the red lips. If you've seen my other two makeup tutorials you will know what I do for my lips. Firstly I outline my lips in the colour I am using with a lip brush. Next I fill in the colour with the actual lipstick. I decided to not wear lipgloss over this lip this time, but if you would like to, by all means, go ahead. 


Step 9: YOU'RE READY FOR PROM!!!! 

Everyone, that is the finished look with my wavy hair as I wore this look out. I love this look because it's simply elegant and so easy to do. I hope you all enjoyed this look and it has given you ideas for your prom makeup. But whatever you wear this to you will all look gorgeous and I hope you have an amazing prom night because you only get it once. Unfortunately, mine wasn't that great, there were a lot of things I would've changed looking back but never mind. If you recreate this look include my Instagram name: katiej0hnson or my Twitter name: omfgitskatiej

Thank you all for reading and the next prom look I will be doing is a silver and purple look which is a more dramatic eye look (which is on my Instagram already) and simple lips; stay tuned! 

I shall talk to you all soon,

Loads of love and hugs, 

- Katie

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment