Sunday 22 June 2014

Get Ready With Me - Second Cousins Christening 22/6/14



GRWM: Christening - Makeup, Hair, and Outfit


Hello my lovelys! Today was my second cousins christening and it's been such a beautiful day and really sunny and hot; and it was a really wonderful service and it seems he really enjoyed being christened, aha! Anyway guys, I thought I'd do a get a ready with me as I've wanted to do one for ages and what a perfect opportunity for it! I hope you enjoy :) 


Makeup


I apply my everyday base which is my Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation in shade 100 Ivory. Next I take my Rimmel London Wake Me Up concealer in Ivory and I apply it under my eyes, down my nose, slightly on my cheeks and in any problem areas that I want to have more coverage on. Then I take my Rimmel London Stay Matte powder in 001 Transparent and apply this all over my face. Finally, I fill in my eyebrows with my eyebrow pencil from Primark in the shade Brown. 


Firstly, I apply a matte purple/pinky shade all over the lid from my MUA Luxe Pretty Edgy pallet in the shade Sinful. And take it up above the crease on a flat shader brush. Then I blended it out with a fluffy brush which caused the top to be more pink toned rather than purple. 


Once I am happy with my blending techniques I clean up around the edges to give my eyeshadow a more precise point (as you can see above). Then on an angled brush I take another shade from my Pretty Edgy pallet in Toile. I used the technique as if you're applying eyeliner around your eye and just kept building it up until I am happy with the amount of colour showing up. 


I also took the shade, Toile, underneath my eye and linked it up with the corner of my eye for the same colour along the upper lash line. And this is the finished eye makeup complete. 


Then I applied my favourite mascara at the moment, which is my Lash Extreme Volumising  Mascara (although I think I am going to buy a new one soon). I also highlighted my inner corners with the same light pink shade Toile. 


This is the finished eyelook, I think it is so beautiful and I am so obsessed with it at the moment. It is my go to look right now as it beautiful and simple - can be used for a party or a casual look. 


Next for me is blush and highlight. I used my favourite highlighting powder: MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter. I take this on the highest points of my cheeks, now my nose and on the tip of my nose, slightly on my forehead, my cupids bow, and my chin. Next I applied my favourite blush at the moment: Rimmel London's 004 Pink Rose on the apples of my cheeks and swept back up my cheeks slightly. 


Finally, I apply my lipstick from Collection in Sweet Tart. Firstly I outline my lips with the lipstick colour and use a lip brush for this and then I fill it in with the lipstick itself. I also applied some pink lipgloss over the top and blotted it out a few times to make it less vibrant. And this is the finished makeup look, I think it's super pretty and feminine and super easy to do. 


Hair


I am not a hairstylist whatsoever, I can only just about manage plaits and straightening and putting my hair up into a ponytail. But, this hairstyle is really easy and elegant at the same time. Firstly, I moved the slight side fringe part I have so I can pin it with a flower later (as you can see above). With the rest of my hair, I pull it all to the left side and do a classic 3 strand braid. Secondly, I took the braid and slightly twisted it so the small straight hair left over at the end of the plait (when your hair wont let you plait anymore) and held it in place and pinned it with grips/bobby pins. As I have layers in my hair, some parts of my hair didn't all sit in the plait so I just pinned them into  the plait with more grips/bobby pins. Lastly I took the slight part of fringe I left earlier and pin it into place with a white rose clip. That is this hairstyle done! 


Outfit



Okay guys, this was my outfit! Yes, I am a bit obsessed with Mint Green this year and it has to be my new favourite colour. My black dress is from Newlook and it was £19.99.


My mint green blazer is also from  Newlook and it was £24.99 (LOVE THIS BLAZER SO MUCH).


My mint green shoes are also from Newlook (sorry for so much Newlook!) and these were £12.99.


My mum got me this bag recently, and you'll be happy to know this one is not from Newlook! This bag is from K&Co and it was £8.00 and was £22.00. I also have the same bag but in Nude. 



Both of my rings were from Accesorize. I'm not sure if they still sell them, but the top one was £14.00 and the bottom one was £12.00. My nails are painted in Barry M's Sugar Apple. 

My toes are also painted in Barry M's Sugar Apple. 


Well everyone, that is this GRWM finished! I hope you enjoyed seeing a post on this and if you would like me to do more, leave me a comment on my Instagram at katiej0hnson or comment on this post if you liked it. I'm not sure what I'll be posting next, it may be another prom look for y'all. Anyway, thank you very much for reading and I'll speak to you all very soon! 

Lots of love, 

- Katie 

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment