Tuesday 7 January 2014

Katy Perry - Killer Queen Review

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog and today I have my first ever review for you and it is Killer Queen by Katy Perry. 

“Killer Queen has been in my vocabulary since I was 15, because of the song ‘Killer Queen’ by Queen. Freddie Mercury painted the lyrics of this woman who I wanted to be. She seemed very powerful, and she captivated a room when she walked in. I named my company Killer Queen after those lyrics. I feel like, after all this time, it was appropriate to use that name in association with something I did. I feel like I’m falling, finally, into that woman Freddie painted.”


Killer Queen by Katy Perry was inspired by the song Killer Queen by Queen and is the third fragrance from Perry.

Firstly, personally I adore the bottle, it is said to be inspired by a queen's sceptre with the shape of a Ruby diamond. One of my favourite things about the bottle is the red ombre/gradient effect. As you can see it goes from a stunning deep ruby red colour at the top of the bottle and fades out to a dainty pure pinky shade at the tip.

Continuing about the bottle; the contrast between the royal red and shining gold shades shows off pure luxury and a sexy sophistication about this perfume. 


One of the main words I think of when I smell this perfume is playful because it's a charmingly floriental fragrance. It opens up with dark berries and lush plum which blend together to make a rich floral heart. With a complimented highlight of Royal Red Velvet flower which soothes into some sensual musks with added precious woods.   


Top Notes: Wild Berries, Dark Plum and Bergamot 
Main Notes: Velvety Red Flower, Sambac Jasmine and Rainbow Plumeria     
Base Notes: Cashmere, Patchouli and Liquid Praline 
Style: Sexy, Royal and Radiant 
Scent: Florential 
Feel: Playful 
Day/Night: Night/Evening fragrance 


No comments:

Post a Comment