Friday 15 January 2016

Coffee Chats: Blogger Theme, Ideas, Back To Work, and Feelings!

Hello my lovelies, I hope you're all well. I hope you had an incredible New Years Eve and have got settled back into school, college, uni, work, or whatever else you might doing this January. 

So maybe wondering what on earth is 'Coffee Chats' about. Well for a few weeks I've been thinking of doing posts where I update you guys on what I've been doing, what's coming up in my life, If I want to rant about something that's been bothering me, share my opinions on certain subject areas, and just anything that I feel like talking about. So it's pretty similar to the Life Updates I did last year but with extra elements. It also sparked from the fact I'm always drinking coffee and spending my money in Costa. 

So welcome to Coffee Chats, 



What's been going on?

... 

Well most importantly, is clearly to know what coffee I'm drinking today. So in my pretty Princess Aurora mug above; I am enjoying a delicious cold cappuccino with milk.  

But welcome back to another year on blogger with me! So if you haven't noticed (although you can't miss it) my blog has had a make over for the new year and I absolutely love it. It's all thanks to my incredible friend Charlie who designed it for me. I feel like it's really classy and quite appropriate for the kinds of things I post. I feel like it's a big jump from the theme last year which was purple and flowery. But I really love how it's a proper theme now with a logo at the top of the page and the colour scheme. Gah, I just love it!

Along with a new theme comes new posts! So I have a few ideas for some new features that I want to keep continuous on this blog throughout 2016.

 Firstly, I recently bought a small scrap book as I've got so many little things I like to keep for memories of when I went to see a theatre show, or got something really meaningful to me, or if I've got pictures I really like but have no where to keep them. I decided scrap booking would be a fun new hobby for me to take up in 2016 and I felt like, why don't I go on the journey with all of you. It might inspire you guys to take up a new hobby or to get back into something you used to do. As I'm quite creative, I like to go into other areas where I can be creative besides just performance as I'm not performing every second of my life. 

Secondly, I'm a pretty good advice giver (so I've been told by friends and family) and I was thinking of doing posts, 'Life Advice From KatieJ' (this is similar to the book I'd like to write in the future) this partly comes from the fact that I am my own planner and giver of advice on what I want to do to move forward. As I'm the only one who can change my life if I'm not happy. I get down about things sometimes as much as the next person which I absolutely hate as I love to be happy. But I'm human, you're human, we're all human and we have feelings sometimes that make us feel sad or happy. I feel like it'd be a nice addition to my blog and that also means you guys can interact with me more. If you ever need some advice on anything - personal or general you can ask me in the comments, on Instagram (@ katiej0hnson) or on Twitter (@ omfgitskatiej) 

Thirdly and finally, is 'Style It'. Now I am aware, I'm not very good at posting fashion based posts but that is going to change in 2016 (fingers crossed). Now it wont be all the time but I feel like having fashion based posts like Style It gives me a chance to have some fun with different outfits, shoes, and accessories without taking it too seriously. It also might give you guys some inspiration and confidence to go and buy the things you weren't sure how to wear. 

That's all good, but what about uni? 

... 

I am officially back at uni you guys, came back almost a week ago. The first week has been pretty chilled really, just getting back into the lessons and starting new units within the modules we're doing. We've all had our marks for our Physical and Vocal - Movement assessment back and I've passed! Wahey! I got 48% which is slightly lower than I wanted but sometimes, the performances we do aren't as brilliant as we plan them to be. It is by far, not the best performance I could've done and it is a little disappointing that it wasn't a higher mark. But the main thing is I've passed the assessment. All this means for me, is I will push myself harder for other assessments this term as last term I was slacking a little bit as a lot of things got on top of me. We're still awaiting our marks for our Devised - Technical assessment which we are meant to get in the next few weeks.
 But onwards and upwards for this term! 

I really felt like I got lost a little bit last term as everything was a little bit overwhelming and because of that I felt a little bit unhappy. I kind of felt like I couldn't wedge myself in to be myself which caused me to feel pretty down for a couple of weeks. Which is really shitty as I felt like I was slipping back into the old depressed Katie from 3/4 years ago. I'm glad I stopped myself before I let it get too far as I hate that feeling and I don't ever want it to come back.

 I'm telling you guys this as I'm being honest; it's crazy how long it can take to recover from things like bullying because you really have to find yourself again whilst moving forward in your life which is how you develop, change, and become stronger. I'm at a stage in my life where I love who I am and I know I'm fantastic at everything I do because it makes me who I am and why shouldn't I be able to be who I am? 

I'm allowed to feel happy and be confident. Not ignorant, there's a big difference. These kind of feelings are what the life advice ideas have sprung from for me. 

Thank you guys for reading and I hope you're ready for this journey in 2016 to unfold. 

I'll talk to you all again soon. 


Love, 
Katie 








2 comments:

  1. i love reading posts like these, great to get to know a person
    casualyetchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete