Monday 13 April 2015

Get Ready With Me: Tangerine Dreams - Spring Makeup Tutorial!


Hello you beautiful people! I hope you're all well and are enjoying half term. Well, I know most schools went back today, but I do not go back till next Monday because we broke up a week later *INSERTS HAPPY DANCE HERE*, 

But anyway, I have a busy week coming up this week, I am doing something every single day apart from Saturday and Sunday. So today I sorted out all of my wardrobe and put in my clothes for spring and summer and it took about two and a half hours... not fun. Tomorrow I am going to town with Chloe to just have a nice day with my girl and who knows, you'll get to read another haul in a few days. 

Wednesday I am super excited as I'm going to the VUE Cinema to see The DUFF with my girls Heather and Amie and it's gonna be such a fun day and I love them to pieces - probably do a follow us around post. Then Thursday, Heather and I are off to Royal Central School of Speech and Drama for our auditions but we know we're not gonna get in and we both wanna go to Arts University Bournemouth anyway (fingers crossed we get in). 

Then finally Friday, I have a potential work trial day and fingers crossed I get the job so I can earn money at long last. For those of you who don't know, for the past two years maybe, I've been trying to get a job and no where has taken me on, so I sent this place my CV not expecting to even get an interview and they offered for me to go to a work trail day so if I get the job it'll be the best feeling! 

Anyway, on with the reason why everyone is reading this post... 

Step 1: 


I applied some Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion in Eden and then ran a brown colour through my crease and a white on my lid. To make the colour I used pop a bit more. (my skins redness is looking pretty good right now, normally it looks really bad as we've witnessed in some previous post) 

Step 2:


I then took my new Maybelline Diamond Glow quad in Coral Drama. I used the light tangerine orange colour over the top of the white and brown. I used a flat eyeshadow brush that was damp to make the colour pop even more and then took the tangerine shade on a fluffy blending brush - applied it over the brown that was in the crease. This created a really nice toned muted orange brown and it was a nice contrast shade to the bright tangerine on my lid. 

Step 3: 



















Then I just did my normal face makeup and sorry for one of my eyebrows, this was just not a good eyebrow day for me (I fixed it after the tutorial). 

As you can see the tangerine looks nice and pastel like on my lid and muted as a blend in the crease. Not to mention it's a beautiful shade to make blue eyes pop (Tip: If you've got blue eyes, go for warm toned colours to make your eyes pop if you prefer making your eyes look bigger and brighter. E.g. tangerine, copper, gold, browns, light pinks, medium pink) 

I also spent just a little bit of time shaping the outside V to get it lined up with my lower lashline. 

Step 4: 

























For this step I decided to go with two lip options, one Mango Tango from Collection which is this one above. I really like this with this look because it's all warm tones and gives a nice flattering look for spring time. The Mango Tango shade is a rose red coral - one of my favourite kind of colours and works beautifully with this kind of look if you prefer all interlinking colours. 

Or ...





Purple. Now, I've never had a purple lipstick in my life that has been bright purple and I got this one from Makeup Revolution in Enchant and just thought I'd try it and see what I can match it with. You wouldnt think purple and tangerine would go together so well hence because their completely opposite tones. But they actual go so perfectly together. I think the reason it looks so lovely is because it's flattering my eyes and making them stand out but also keeping my cool toned skin flattered because of the purple lipstick. I really love both of these lipsticks with this eye look (I'm gonna wear it with the rose coral tomorrow). 

But you can all decide for yourself! Which colour do you like it better with, Coral or Purple? Let me know in the comments! 




However, in the end I went for the purple because this was my original plan to pair it with this anyway and I thought it would be something different for spring. I just took my plaits out and tide the front part of my hair back in a little hair band - I've been loving wearing my hair like this recently (half up half down). 

But guys that is it for this tutorial. I hope you enjoyed this Get Ready With Me - I did a spring makeup tutorial last year and I remember after I did it I never wore that makeup look again, I don't know why, but I think this one will be sticking around for a while. 

So yeah, I don't know what I'll post next, maybe it'll be another haul or something on my blog post to do list! 

Anyway, thank you guys for reading and I hope this inspires you to do something a little more different but subtle with your spring and summer looks this year! 

Bye for now, 

Katie 

xoxo



5 comments: